Pages

Monday 10 November 2014

Drawing from Real Life

Hi there, hope you had a good Monday! I decided that it was about time that I introduced to you the cats I share my life with properly. There have been a few that have come and gone over the years but in residence at the moment there are six. The eldest in Isla, a very shy but incredibly sweet girl with a short tail and bright blue eyes. She has a fluffy white coat with splodges of pale grey and is the mother of three of the other cats that live here; Debbie, Hercules and Roux. All three of these are ginger and white and get on so well. They love tumbling around and chasing one other and when it's chilly they like to seek out your knee and curl up on it! The remaining two boys are their cousins, Archie and Teddy. Although brothers they look nothing alike. Teddy is also ginger and white with a very refined handsome face, whereas Archie is a long haired, very fluffy black and white cat who squeaks like a mouse when he sees me in the morning.
Six! I hear you cry. Well they all came to me as stray cats and not one to turn down a cute face, I decided to take them in. They have grown up in the countryside, roaming the fields and exploring the pathways, and it is not unlike Teddy to disappear for days at a time. This morning he turned up for breakfast for the first time in a week and I have a sneaking suspicion that he has found another home, a holiday home if you like, that feeds him on all those other days that he doesn't show his face here. Perhaps, I wonder, he takes it in turns to visit each house on the street, getting the best of the grub in exchange for the cuddles.
All of these cats have played a part in the creation of The True Story of a Not So Crazy Cat Lady, whether it be their appearance, their character, or the times, good and bad, that we've been through. In the book Harriet has five cats; Modi, Bea, Cocoa, Flicks and Mona. Some of these characters are a concoction of several cats combined, others drawn straight from real life. As I continue with the blog perhaps I will share a few more of their secrets with you :)

The True Story of a Not So Crazy Cat Lady is available now in paperback and eBook!


No comments:

Post a Comment