Pages

Saturday 9 May 2015

A Loyal Friend

It has been a very long, hard and emotional week, and I imagine many of you out there who share your lives with pets know exactly how I have been feeling.
Last weekend my dog, Dolly, fell ill and for 24 hours I thought my loyal friend was going to pass away. I have lost cats before and it breaks when heart when I remember them and those final moments we shared, and so I stroked Dolly's head thinking that this was it, she was ready to go her own way, somewhere I couldn't follow, but I am relived to say that she has been so strong and pulled through.
She's had me in tears so often over this last week I'm surprised I haven't run out of them, but she's curled up in her bed now as though nothing had ever happened. Finally I will be able to sleep soundly again with the knowledge that she's okay and I hope one day soon we will be walking together across the fields once more.



2 comments: