Pages

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Baby Photos!

From left to right; Cookie, Debbie and Hercules
Don't you just love looking back through all of your old photographs and finding those of your cat(s) when they were so small they could still fit in the palm of your hand? I remember wondering back then what those tiny little kittens would look like when they grew up... I wasn't disappointed one bit!
I remember one particular occasion when three kittens of mine, Hercules, Cookie and their sister Debbie were all curled up together in a pair of my dad's work boots. Their mother had nipped out to catch mice that afternoon and Cookie would not settle. He squeaked and squeaked and squeaked...constantly! He wanted his mum. I felt like I was baby sitting, but not very successfully! Thankfully my mum came to the rescue. A mother of six herself she knows how to deal with unhappy babies and amazingly as soon as she picked up that little kitten and worked her magic, he fell straight to sleep in her arms.
Cookie was in many ways the inspiration for the character of Modi in the The True Story of a Not So Crazy Cat Lady. I think we all have a Modi in our lives...get in touch and share your story. I'd love to hear from you :)



Hercules swats his little sister with a paw...
...then realises he's been seen!

Debbie sleeps soundly in a boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment